Food Changes Everything
I’m constantly inspired by people. Where they’re from, their travels, their heritage and their family traditions. It sparks my imagination to cultivate our universal language of food and bringing people together. Good food does this.
About Monica Kelso Catering
Monica Kelso Catering is more than a catering company. Comprised of talented cuisineres, sophisticated event producers, and a sharp front of the house staff, our team brings the innovative Monica Kelso to life. To us, food is an art and your taste is the key ingredient. We strive to create savory bites and sweet endings that continue to delight our guests in conversation long after the party ends. Whether it’s your dream wedding reception or personal chef services, the MKC team is exceptionally prepared to design your celebration. we give the same amount of detail to your intimate dinners as we do to full scale events and charity galas. Every course is reflection of you. We encourage you to come dream with us.
What We Do
We listen. We create. We manage the details. We cook with knowledge and passion. We make your event special.
We’ll help you customize the details of your event, from the menu to event design and professional services. Together we’ll nail down every detail to make your catered event a total success.
Drop Off Catering
Today’s events bring us challenges…and opportunities. We can prepare drop off meals — temperatured and ready to go, or prepped with instructions to serve later. Either way, we do the kitchen work so you can relax and look like a rock star.
It’s your day. First and foremost we listen to what you want. Then we explore together. We don’t follow set menus, we create custom experiences for our wedding families.
We provide certified bartenders to compliment your important events. We discuss the lay of the land and deliver a solid group to serve your guests.
We have the talent. Once we discuss your event, and the needs behind it, we coordinate the best team in town to bring the service your event deserves.
Online or small socially distanced cooking classes are ways to expand your cooking prowess. Classes include Cook Once, Eat Again, One Pan Dinners, Mother Sauces, Easy Entertaining, V-Edgy, and more. Sign up below to get on our class announcements schedule.
We don’t follow set menus, rather we create custom menus based on our client’s tastes, events, and overall desired experience. Below are some ideas though.
- Chicken & Mushroom Crepes with Parmesan and Herbs de Provence
- Bruschette sauteed with Onions & Pepper, Fresh Mozerralla, Balsamic Glaze
- En Chemise with Mushrooms, Leeks, Ouzo, Sherry and Cream
- Moroccan with braised tomatoes, Moroccan spices Garbanzos, Golden Raisins
- Loin of Pork – seasonally stuffed
- Smoked Maple Bourbon Pulled Pork
- New Zealand Baby Lamb Chops
- Zinfandel Braised Leg of Lamp **Chef carving station
- Prime Rib with Ludwig’s Revenge Jus
- Beef Brisket
- Veal Piccate with Lemon, Chardonnay and Capers
- Lump Crab Cakes with Meyer Lemon Aioli
- White Fish En Papillote with Red Potato, Swish Chard, finished with White Wine, Garlic & Dijon
- Salmon: Horseradish and Smoked Salmon; Honey Moroccan: Citrus Glazed
- Shrimp & Grits creamy Stone Ground Cheese Grits, Red-Eye Gravy
I just wanted to you know how much I appreciate your special you and your efforts to make sour special day special. You and your staff could not have done more to make it a day to remember. Thanks to you, everyone had a great time (especially me) and your attentiveness to details made it happen.
We wanted a homestyle reception and we got exactly what we wanted! I am still dreaming about that chicken. It’s real simple if anyone asks I’m saying my caterer is MONICA KELSO!
WOW! Every course was a delicious work of art. Our auction winners were thrilled! Thank you for supporting Cumberland Valley School of Music.